Friday, May 9, 2008

Nerds 2.0.1

In this three hour show Cringley documents the history of the internet from ARPA through the mid 1990s. This show was broadcast before the dot.com bubble burst in the late 1990s so I am curious to see what the majority of these people are doing now. There were a ton of interviews in this show including Tim Berners-Lee, the man who invented HTML and Leonard Kleinrock who never gives such long interviews with anyone. There are also interviews with Bill Gates adn Steve Jobs, but I liked getting to see Vinod Khosia, one of the founders of Sun Microsystems and Ted Nelson who is very much for friendly user interfaces in the face of all of the technology.
All in all this three part series was interesting to watch but as more of a review on what I had already known.

1 comment:

Porcupinetaxi said...

If you are on a journey to learn, you gott a read my blog. I tell it like it is.